The guiding principles behind a green built home ensure that it is well designed, energy and resource efficient. Changes, mainly invisible in the final product, create lasting and major results in each new home. At Sawyer Homes, we believe custom home building should be an interactive process taking into account the needs of our customers and our world. Traditional building practices waste materials, deplete our forests and lack efficiency with regard to energy and water consumption.
On the contrary, “green” homes have…
- Lower operating costs: Higher efficiency means lower utility bills.
- Increased comfort: Relatively even temperatures throughout the home, fewer drafts and better humidity control mean more comfortable living conditions for your family.
- Improved environmental quality: Our certified Green Builder, Bob Latvala, pays extra attention to construction details that control moisture and limit harmful chemicals to promote a healthier indoor environment. Breathe easier in a Sawyer Home.
- Enhanced durability: Green homes incorporate building materials and construction details that strive to increase the useful life of the individual components and the whole house.
- Efficient construction: Advanced engineering and framing techniques minimize material waste and increase the overall quality of construction.
For our family at Sawyer Homes, it is about building a better future for all of us. Take our green tour and see what sets us apart from other Raleigh home builders.